7.27.2009

layouts {diva supplies}

first, a little background...

i contacted a new local scrapbook store about possibility teaching some classes. it looks like i will be doing that in the future (yay!). in the meantime, she gave me some supplies to use for sample layouts. the store is called oh scrap! and it's so flippin' cute!!! if you're in the charlotte area, you have to check it out. the owner, jen, is super nice (and she's at CHA right now so the store will be stocked full of new goodies soon).

this was the first collection. it was fun to work with girly stuff - because i don't get to do it often - but it was also tough to find pictures.

this was the first one i did...kind of cheesy, but the "one hot mama" title stickers inspired me to grab some photos of me as a brand new mama...trying to look cute with a baby attached - ha! The swirly paper is glittery and the photo doesn't do it justice (actually this photo in general really stinks - sorry about that). I also added a few black gemstones that you can't really see. Journaling reads: a little less time & energy to spend on hair & make up - can't quite squeeze into those old jeans - baby equipment is a permanent accessory... but despite it all, i'm still one hot mama"

I didn't want all these girl layouts to be about me, so I borrowed some pictures of my niece. I cut the glitter cardstock to a large 12" circle - very fun! More gemstones on this one. I am going to add some brief journaling on the transparencies.

Thi one is definitely *out there* and very different for me. But I think I like it!!! It all started with the title sticker - Many shades of Me. I measured it and realized I could easily create a grid of 8 photos around it. So, I sat down and started picking out photos that represent different parts of who I am. I learned to "colorize" in that photo editing class, so something made me think to turn the pictures pink to match the supplies. Voila! I digitally added the labels to each photo before printing.

i was determined to use all the supplies, so I made these cards with the leftovers. on the left card, I cut a circle out of the middle and place some glitter paper behind it. then i placed the flower journaling transparency over it and added "happy birthday" with some rubons. on the right card, i used more of the glittery swirl paper, mounted the "xoxo" title sticker on some cardstock. finishing touch of ribbon on both cards. super easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment