6.22.2007

Books

Here are some of the books I've had in my life recently:

Step on a Crack - James Patterson
I listened to this on CD. This is one of his most recent releases. It is not part of the Alex Cross series, but does revolve around an NYPD detective. It has a good, very unique crime story. But also a good, unique personal story. Definitely would recommend.

5th Horseman - James Patterson
This is the 5th book in the Women's Murder Club series. Since this is a smaller series, I've actually been able to read these in order, which is nice. This was another good one...two main crimes in the storyline.

Cradle & All - James Patterson
This book was not what I was expecting at all. It is nothing like any of his other books. It is a religion-based story (Catholocism), but almost has a supernatural feel to it. I did read the entire thing and there was a neat story overall. But, it was just a bit weird and I probably wouldn't have bothered reading it if it wasn't by JP.

Gone - Jonathan Kellerman
A co-worker lent me this book that she picked up at an airport. I have never read any of his books but she and I have similar taste in authors, so I gave it a whirl. It was actually pretty good.
From the author's website, I learned that it's a recent book in a series about the character Alex Delaware. It appears most of his books are written in this series - he has about 6 that are not. They are crime based, as is most of what I like. But the main character is a psychologist. I guess if I ever get caught up on James Patterson, there are plenty of Kellerman books to attempt!

I went to the library today and stocked up. I was pleasantly surprised to find James Patterson's brand new book, The 6th Target, on CD and available! This is the 6th book in the Women's Murder Club series. It'll be nice to read (listen to) this one so soon after finishing the 5th.

In my defense, I'd like to say that I do read more than just James Patterson books. I have several authors that I follow. Most of them I've read all of their books. James Patterson I still have more to read. I did get a Nicholas Sparks book at the library today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment