8.19.2008

{13 weeks}

Today is the first official day of the second trimester! Yay - we made it!!! 13 weeks gone. One third of the way done.

The baby is the size of a peach or fist (depending on your preferred analogy). The intestines are making their way into the abdomen (who knew they started out in the umbilical cord???). The vocal cords are forming, though it'll be another 6 months before we hear those at work. The baby now has fingerprints - that's kind of cool! If it's a girl, she already has 2 million eggs in her ovaries (but it's a little early to be thinking about grandbabies!).

As for me - still no official weight gain (gained back the one pound I had lost) but this morning I noticed that the needle on the scale was trying to move up one...so I have a feeling that first official pound is not far away. Considering the expansion of my midsection, I'm amazed the scale is showing more. Still loving some popsicles & ice cream. Craving lots of fruits & juices. Nothing much else to report...



1 comment:

  1. Great news! 2nd tri is the best!
    Enjoy it while you can!
    I'm still just Over joyed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete