the pictures are from 2005 - a joint birthday celebration for spencer and my nephew. the "happy birthday" was pre-printed on the patterned paper, but it wasn't very exciting. so i outlined it with a dark red pen and filled it in with a glitter pen. printed strip journaling on the computer. added a quote on pop dots and a little ribbon.
afterwards, i made three cards with the leftovers - super simple. the top two came with cut out windows on the front. i put paper there and added a cupcake charm. inside there are birthday sayings. the bottom card came with the scalloped edge and i added the scrap paper, quote (on pop-dots) and the flowers
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I would've been 19 (almost 20), just finished my sophomore year of college. This would've been the first summer I didn't go home. I lived in our sorority house. I wouldn't have met Matt yet and Spencer wasn't even born. I don't remember where I worked that summer...I think that might have been my summer at JCPenney and some T-shirt shop - or was it the T-shirt shop and Watch World??? Whatever.
5 Things on my to-do List:
I'm a list freak so which list??? I'm sure no one cares about my work list so I'll skip that. Here's a sample of other stuff:
- Work on foundation crop
- Get copies of birth certificate and photos for passport (no i'm not going anywhere - it's more of a "just in case")
- Hook up print server on home computers
- Pay bills & update budget (today was payday)
- Research ideas for baby shower
5 Snacks I enjoy:
- tortilla chips with melted mexican cheese dip (with jalapenos)
- chocolate (in small amounts - doesn't require much to fill my sweet tooth)
- cheese and crackers (typically extra sharp cheddar on triscuits)
- watermelon on a hot summer day
- chocolate ice cream
5 Places I've Lived:
- Shelby, NC
- Georgetown, SC (two houses)
- Pauline, SC (two houses)
- Rock Hill, SC (dorm, sorority house, four apartments, and finally two houses)
5 Bad Habits:
- biting my nails (i have acrylics to prevent this)
- poor eating habits
- watching too much tv
- being a control freak
- going to the tanning bed
5 Places I've worked:
- Henkel Corp (currently - Business Analyst)
- F. Schumacher & Co - Waverly Division (Forecast Analyst, then Manager)
- Mergent, Inc (Financial Research company - Research Analyst)
Those are my three "real" jobs - then I worked a million places in high school and college - movie theater, couple restaurants, a bank, several retail stores
5 Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
- smart money stuff like have no debt, put away lots for retirement, spencer's college, etc.
- buy a lake house where we are now, and several vacation homes (hey - if we're talking billions, why be practical)
- pay off debt of family members
- quit work...probably goes without saying, but i wanted to say it :)
- do more volunteer work - and more scrapbooking!
kid rock's all summer long
sugarland's all i want to do
santana's into the night with nickelback's chad kroeger
Got this sent to me on e-mail...I haven't been posting much on here, so I thought I'd do this:
Place an X by all the things you've done...This is for your entire life!
( ) Gone on a blind date
( ) Skipped school
( ) Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Mexico
(x) Been to Florida
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been lost
(x) Been on the opposite side of the country.
(x) Gone to Washington , DC
(x) Swam in the ocean
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
(x) Played cops and robber
(x) Recently colored with crayons.
(x) Sang Karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only?
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
(x) Made prank phone calls
( ) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on you tongue.
( ) danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe
( ) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about...
(x) Blown bubbles
(x) Gone ice-skating
( ) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(x ) Gone to the movies
1. Any nickname? Boo (when I was little, by my sisters); Thumper (Matt and a handful of other people)
2. Mother's name? Sharon
3. Favorite drink? Soft Drink: Dr. Pepper Beer: Miller Lite or Corona Light Cocktail: varies with my mood - Mojito, Martini, Cosmo. Other: Seltzer water with lime
what happened to 4, 5, and 6???
7. Birthplace? Shelby, NC
8. Favorite vacation spot? Jamaica
9. Ever been to Africa ??? nope
10 Ever eaten cookies for dinner? I'm sure...
11. Ever been on TV? yes (a few local things, but Spencer & I were also on CMT for a few seconds)
12. Ever steal any traffic sign?? no, but I had one that was stolen in my room as a teenager
13. Ever been in a car accident?? oh yes...
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle??? 4 door
15. Favorite salad dressing?? homemade ranch (i'm a serious ranch snob)
16. Favorite pie?? not a big fan of pie, but I like apple
17. Favorite color? brown is my consistent favorite, but I go through phases of other colors. Right now I'm really into red and teal.
18. Favorite movie? Annie (from the 80s, not the Disney one), several Disney flicks like Aladdin, Lion King; Grease is a classic. A little more recent (but still kind of old) are Coyote Ugly and Ten Things I Hate About You. Can anyone find the connection between all of these?
19. Favorite holiday? St. Patrick's Day
20. Favorite dessert? tiramisu
21. Favorite food? mexican
22. Favorite day of the week? Saturday (the only day I don't have to work or think about going to work the next day)
23. Favorite brand of body wash? now that I'm using Arbonne products, I love their stuff.
24. Favorite toothpaste?? not a big deal, but usually use Colgate
25 Favorite smell? eucalyptus, spice-type smells (like apple spice, cinnamon spice, etc).
26. What do you do to relax?? Scrapbook, read, watch TV (or a girly movie), take a hot bath
What happened to number 27?
28. How do you see yourself in 10 years?? interestinsg...not sure.