The first one is a very blurry picture of Spencer and I in the car when we went to look at lights. The second is Spencer making ornaments with me. The third is Matt and I exchanging one gift on Christmas morning (we do our true Christmas morning the day after Christmas because of Spencer). All the pages are based, at least loosely, on a PageMaps sketch.
- a husband who loves me and keeps me laughing
- a stepson who is bright and does so many things to make us proud
- parents with whom i enjoy spending time with and live close enough to see regularly
- in-laws that care about me as if i was their own daughter
- two amazing sisters that are also 2 of my best friends
- super cool niece and nephews that always make me smile
- a career that is fulfilling and financially rewarding
- a lovely house to call our home
- the two best dogs ever...seriously. i couldn't imagine better pets!
- my husband's recent promotion/raise
- spencer's love of sports and newfound dedication to baseball (i love that he's committed to something that is important to him)
- being involved with the Dalton Help Foundation and helping with such a fantastic cause
- having neighbors that we love being with
- an array of seriously cool friends
- my creative side and the whole existence of scrapbooking...can't imagine life without it!
I could write a book, but I will wrap it up and end with this....
Last, but so certainly NOT least...
I feel so blessed to be an American and there are no words to express my gratitude for the men and women serving in our military and protecting our freedom.
2 everyday things I could not live without: computer & family
2 of my favorite songs (at this moment): hey there delilah (plain white t's) & wake up call (maroon 5)
2 things I want to do before I die: live in what I would consider my dream house & take a really awesome vacation with my whole family
2 things I worry about: would I be a good mother if I had a child of my own? what if something happens to matt? (I'm a worrier by nature, so this is just the tip of the iceburg)
2 stores I shop at: Target (LOVE it) and GAP
2 things that scare me: the thought of being raped (I know, morbid), being a bad mom or stepmom
2 snacks I could eat everyday: mexican cheese dip & chocolate (not together)
2 people I'd be lost without: Matt and my sisters (that's three technically since I have 2 sisters)
2 nicknames I've been given: Thumper & Boo
2 places I want to go on vacation: back to Jamaica or somewhere equally tropical and lovely & Italy
A southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. We know how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. We pick our battles and fight with the heart of a pit bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Our mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern bell who could direct an army, loves her momma and will always be daddy's little girl.
"Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices."
President Harry S. Truman
1. NYC Veterans Day Parade 2006, 2. Manhattan-Veterans Day_107, 3. veterans day, 4. Veterans Day November 11 2006, 5. VETERANS DAY is a time to honor all veterans of the armed services. It is also a day to be proud that we are citizens of a nation made great by the sacrifices and dedication of all our military personnel, both home and abroad., 6. Veteran's Day, 7. The American Flag waving in the breeze - In honor of Veteran's Day., 8. Veteran's Day, 9. Veterans Day, November 11, 2007, 10. We Salute You, Veterans Day 2007, 11. Veterans Day, 12. Veterans Day, 13. Veterans Day 2006, 14. Lone Sailor, Veterans Day, 15. Thank you all - Veterans Day - 2006, 16. Veterans Day, Gainesville, Fla., 17. Veterans Day 2006, 18. Veterans' Day (Part 1 of 5), 19. Veterans Day, 20. kings mountain veteran's day, 21. Veterans Day Memorial
I'm finally done with Halloween 2005!!! This is a summary layout for Spencer's album. The title is a Scooby Doo quote (used for a challenge): "Hold on man. We can't go anywhere with scary, spooky, haunted or forbidden in the title".
Supplies: Patterned paper by Reminisce & Doodlebug; Ribbon by Offray; Stickers by Reminisce; Lots of misc. letter stickers; White uniball gel pen