4.23.2006

Cousins


This layout was done as part of a Survivor challenge where certain items are sent to you and you have to use them. These things included:
flowers (2)
gems (10)
tags (small purple, larger patterned)
ribbon
tongue depresser
scrap of lime green paper

When I opened the package and saw what I had to work with, my immediate thought was "uh oh". I do not like the color purple, plus there were so many girly things like flowers and gems.

However, I love a good challenge. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself thoroughly enjoying the process of creating this page as things started to come together.

This picture of Spencer with my niece and nephew is almost a year old. I stepped out of my comfort zone by only using ONE photo when I had several. I converted it to B&W and sanded and inked the edges.

The scrap of lime green paper was SO bright. So, I layered vellum over it to better match my patterned paper (which I bought a long time ago because I loved it but had NO idea what I'd ever do with it).

The oval tags pull out to reveal journaling hidden behind the photo. It reads:
When the Moores are in town, a family gathering of some sort usually develops at Sherry's house. This weekend was no different. We celebrated Maggie's birthday and enjoyed each other's company. I really love when these casual evenings coincide with our weekends with Spencer so that he can play with his cousins in the wide open spaces available at Sherry's. On this particular evening, I wandered into the front yard to make sure all three kids were still alive and I found them playing on this rock (and Teddy hanging from a tree). And of course, my being the scrapbooker-at-heart, took this as the perfect photo opportunity. Only slightly annoyed, the kids obliged as I snapped several photos - mostly silly with a few attempts at serious. Though none of them turned out to be photo studio perfect, they are all perfect to me, showcasing their wonderful personalities and capturing the fun they were having that evening. Friday, May 13, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment