4.23.2006

One Last Hurrah (Waverly)


This layout was done as a sketch challenge. It was designed for 3 photos but I adapted it for 4 by cropping two horizontal shots to fit in the spot of one vertical. This was a "night out" with coworkers at my old job. I liked that the sketch incorporated a flower because I used to always joke that Waverly wasn't a good place for me to work because I don't care much for flowers in my home decor - and they use them on everything! This layout will go in my work album.


Journaling reads:
At the end of October, we got the disturbing news that our division of the company (Waverly), was being sold and we'd most likely lose our jobs. Surprisingly, my boss Ralph got me to organize a night out with some coworkers. It's unfortunate that it took this news to bring us together outside of the office, but better late than never, I suppose. It was a fun evening where we were able to enjoy each other's company and not focus on what the future might hold for each of us.

The little card behind the journaling pulls out and has the place, date, and list of people who were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment