12.30.2007

{christmas decorations}

This year, many of our christmas decorations are the same as last year, so I only took a few snapshots of some new items. If interested in seeing more pictures, check out my posts from last december. I adore decorating for Christmas, and I'm a bit sad to report that, as of yesterday, all of the decorations are down. I took advantage of having the time off from work to get everything back to normal - but it seems so bare!

Kitchen table centerpiece (with tree in den in the background). That is a real wreath around a cake stand, which holds three floating candle holders that are filled with real tree pieces as well. The picture doesn't really do it justice.











This is just a cool trivet that I bought last year after Christmas, that can also be hung on the wall. I love the vibrant read.











I got this awesome red bowl after Christmas last year as well. I've used it all year - for both food and for decorating. I love it.







These are framed prints of a local artist. Vernon Grant (the creator of Snap, Crackle & Pop) was lived in our town and did a ton of Christmas art in his day. Each year we purchase that year's beautiful gold ornament for our tree. Last year, we had one of these prints framed, but a friend helped us get a few past years and now we have 4 (we added one after this picture was taken). I love that they liven up the hallway, and add a special, local tough to our decor.










Our finished red/green tree in the den. I need to post a picture of our gold tree too...just realized I haven't done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment