3.25.2009

LOM {Lessons 1 & 2}

Adding little Coleman to our world, obviously has slowed down my participation in the Library of Memories class. I think I'm 4 weeks behind (but whose counting). Just thought I'd provide an update on where I am and what I have accomplished - even if it's not much :)

Lesson 1:

- We are supposed to print 5 years of photos and put them in storage binders. However, I'm working with digital prints that I haven't yet scrapbooked, so it's only 3+ years (2006, 2007, 2008 and YTD 2009). I have made my way through 2006 and 2007, digitally purging. I'm currently working on 2008 and haven't printed many photos at all yet. I think I've done a pretty good job of paring down photos to scrap.

- I finally ordered some actual storage binders (4 from Costco). My thought is to have one binder for each of the years mentioned...at least to start. We'll see if I'll need more. Stacey's max of 15 binders isn't relevant for me because I simply don't have that many photos to manage.

- I am also working on gettting all photos stored on my EHD and I haven't made as much progress here as I'd like. This lesson will continue to be a work in progress as I try to work on the remaining lessons as well.

Lesson 2:

- I used the supplied sticky notes to go through a few different scrapbooks. I found that "Things We Do" is most definitely my most common type of layout (mainly because I do so many event pages). "Places We Go" and "All About Us" are tied with about the same number of layouts. "People We Love" falls into last place by a large gap. This makes perfect sense and I wasn't very surprised by the findings.

- As for the 5 Ws, I found that I thoroughly cover the What and When on my layouts. Who is covered pretty well, also. Where and Why are the areas lacking. The "where" is usually just a matter of not noting that these photos were taken at our home, or something relatively obvious. To me, the fact that "why" is lacking is much more important.

- I filled out the provided worksheets for this lesson and basically have committed to better capturing the full spirit of my life and my family's, focusing less on the "events" and much more on the important details of who we are and what we do.

- Though I'm trying to follow Stacey's instructions pretty closely, I did opt to skip part of this lesson. She wanted us to create a layout that covers the least covered area and W from our exercise. Since I'm so behind, I'm not doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment