3.09.2009

{welcome coleman rhea}

I am super slack, but here it is - two weeks late - the official announcment of Coleman's arrival.
Coleman Rhea
February 24, 2009 @ 4:27 p.m.
7lbs. 13 oz ~ 20 inches

Here is the labor/delivery story, Reader's Digest style: My water broke around 3:30 a.m. on my DUE DATE (way to go Coleman - nice and punctual!). Matt, Spencer and I headed to the hospital, arriving around 5:30. The first few hours were relatively uneventful. They gave me pitocin to start contractions and I eventually had an epidural (waited a few minutes too long on this). Mom drove into town and Sherry, Dad & Cynthia came on up to the hospital. Everyone got there about the same time. After the epidural, I thought we'd have some relaxing downtime (I was feeling good at this point), but before I knew it, it was time to push. Unfortunately, that last longer than I would've liked :) Three (very long) hours later, Coleman entered this world (with the help of some spectacular nurses and a doctor with a vacuum).
The pictures below were all taken on his actual birth day.
Coleman & Mommy's first photo together - hard to believe he's really here!!
Getting weighed...
Our newly expanded family!
Seriously - could he be any more perfect???

1 comment:

  1. Glad to finally see some photos of the infamous Coleman Rhea!! You guys all look beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete