2.09.2007

Need some color

I've been thinking about color a lot lately. I need MORE color in my house. Despite the fact that brown is definitely my favorite color, I do really enjoy bold colors. In my old house, we had some pretty bold colors. The kitchen, in particular, which was pretty much orange. My scrap room was brown, Spencer's room burgundy, our bed room was green (not so bold of a shade there).

Currently the downstairs of our house is not bold at all. The majority is a darker tan color (latte). Our kitchen is a muted yellow (restrained gold), a far cry from my last kitchen. Our dining room is a darker blue - not too bold, but moreso than the other rooms (outerspace). Our 1/2 bath is a baby or sky blue color. I like all of this...just miss having more color. I have splashes here and there, but need more. So the rooms that aren't painted, I want to do something more exciting.

Just been brainstorming...in particular about my scrapbook studio and the laundry room. These are both rooms that Matt doesn't care what I do :) I need to find some inspiration...

Colors that I'm excited about right now --

Navy & White...mainly in clothing...not sure I want to take a room in this :) But I love nautical looking clothing for spring and I'm so ready for spring.

Orange...despite Clemson being the devil, I do really enjoy orange. When those orange washers and dryers were introduced, I immediately said I wanted to have one. I didn't know why - didn't even think I liked orange. But I loved those. Now that I'm w/out my bold, almost orange, kitchen, I miss the color even more. I don't wear orange, ever. But I love it in home decor. I've been buying orange accessories for the kitchen to help me with my fetish (Rachel Ray pans - awesome!)

Black & White...I love the look of these two colors together. They are so classic. Depending on the design, you can have something simple, something chic, something sassy, something feminine, something masculine - you get the point.

Cobalt Blue...I've always been a fan of this color. I love southwestern and spanish type looks in home decor and I often associate this color with those styles. I would love to have a tile backsplash with this color, but I think it'd be way too much for our current kitchen...

1 comment:

  1. Holly -- I'm in love with color combos... I have a bit to think about with our new house too. We are moving into an ALL White home... I gotta get me some color!

    SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete