3.22.2006

Eastertime is here...

Sadly enough, my favorite holiday has come and gone. As is tradition...it won't be back for another year. So, I must go on and find other holidays to celebrate. So, it's Eastertime! I have never been a big fan of pastels so decorating for this holiday is hard for me. But I am getting better and decided to do more this year than normal. I really enjoyed how we had the house slightly decorated for St. Patrick's Day so I decided to stick with a similar trend for Easter.

These are a few decorations in our kitchen on a tray (also was used to hold SPD decorations). I like having them "contained" and not just scattered haphazardly around the house. I would like to get some Easter kitchen towels as well. Oh, and we have a picture of Spencer with the Easter bunny in 2004 that needs a frame...it might be added here once I find a frame for it.






















The other little spot in the house that I like to decorate is on the table in the foyer. This way people that come to the door, but not in the house, can still catch the spirit! The framed photo is Spencer and a friend from 2003 with the Easter Bunny - they look SO tiny! The bunny on the left I think I bought last year and the three "eggs with legs" with egg candles in them are bargains I found at Party City this year.













On Monday, while Matt went to interview with the Chief, Spencer & I started a fun little project. We made an easter egg wreath. We started with a square styrofoam wreath form. Spencer covered the entire thing with plastic Easter eggs (using a low temp glue gun). Then I went back and added pieces of ribbon with floral picks in between the eggs to make sure the wreath form didn't show. I made a bow using my BowMaster. I think Spencer enjoyed the project and he was definitely being a ham for the camera.














This is the finished project hanging on our front door. It did come out larger than I expected, but I'm pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment