3.16.2006

Welcome to my home...


Gradually, I plan on sharing photos of parts of our new house as we get things arranged and improved to our liking.

Since moving in, we have purchased this new table, the lamp, and the frames seen here. We did not have an official foyer in our old house so we needed to create something welcoming in the new home. This area is to your left as you walk in the front door.

I knew I wanted to create a photo collage of our family portraits but was originally going to do it in the den. We were pondering what to put over this table so we decided to do the collage here instead.

For some reason, I really love this. I like all the brown (my favorite) and I love that the table has drawers for keys and such. I think it will look better once the walls are painted, but for now it gives the foyer a little extra something.

After we paint, especially the dining room which would be behind you if you were staring at the table, we will probably add a table runner or something to tie in the colors.

Also, this gives me a place to put a touch of seasonal decorating. We currently have a St. Patrick's Day decoration hanging on our front door, and have a decorative plate on this table.

No comments:

Post a Comment