10.22.2006

Layout - Street Ball

This layout was done using 5 of Elsie's "make your own" challenges from her book. I wasn't really thrilled with having to do these (guess I'm lazy!), but it was actually fun and I am pleased with the end result!

I, unintentionally, also did Ali Edwards' challenge for the week by creating a photo collage in Photoshop. It took a little time because I don't do it very often, but it was relatively easy and I love the results. I feel confident that I will try to do this more often. What a great way to cram in a bunch of photos!

Now for my creations...
- The photo corner and blocks behind the "S" and "B" are painted chipboard.
- The title is just cutout letters with green inking around the edges
- The stars were hand drawn with a sharpie on a transparency. Then I painted the backs and cut them out after they dried.
- The patterned paper was created by painting stripes on solid cardstock.
- The ribbon was solid white, which I painted.
- The buttons are painted chipboard. Holes were made with a paper piercer and then I added some string.

This layout took a LONG time but it was fun.


Supplies:
Paint - "Country Tan", Plaid; "English Marmalade", Accent; "Terra Cotta", DecoArt
Black sharpie
White ribbon
Alphabet cutouts - Leaving Prints
Transparency - Staples
"Tart Lime" ink pad - Ink It Up
Green fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment