12.11.2008

{29 weeks}

I'm late posting this week and I think I skipped last week altogether -- oops :) Please forgive me.

Baby Coleman: He measures about 16 inches long and weighs 2 1/2 to 3 pounds. His head is now in proportion to the rest of his body (and his brain is bigger). Muscles and lungs are maturing. Permanent tooth buds are forming. He is getting plumper, so his skin is smoothing out. :) This additional fat is energizing the baby, which I can definitely vouch for being true. He has been much more active recently! Plus, his growth is making for more cramped living space - meaning, I feel more of his pokes and jabs as he tries to move around in there. And if that's not enough reason, he is also more responsive to outside stimuli and is stronger than ever! It's an awesome feeling though. So far, his little karate moves have only hurt once!

Baby's Mama: Still having heartburn but nothing totally unbearable. Last week, I had my doctor's appointment. My glucose test came back fine. The doctor said I was having a "boring pregnancy" which is great to hear. I had a list of questions for him (for the first time since I've gotten pregnant) so it was nice to chat through some of those. Next week I have to start counting the baby's movements. We had family photos taken last week, including some belly shots of me (see earlier post for those). Over the weekend, we had an early Christmas with my family and Coleman got some gifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment