1.21.2009

{16 things}

I've recently seen others posting 16 things about themselves right now...so I thought I'd play along. I have no idea why *16* is the magic number...
  1. I’m 35 weeks and 1 day today… I wonder when Coleman will join us?
  2. I can’t keep up with all the reading I’m trying to do – pregnancy books (trying to finish so I can move on to baby books), baby/parenting magazines (the endless flow of free ones is crazy), books related to the Library of Memories class I’m taking, scrapbooking magazines, plus “for fun” books – currently a Stuart Woods novel. I don’t even try to read TV Guide or Southern Living anymore (the only 2 subscriptions we get, other than Creating Keepsakes).
  3. I stayed up way too late last night downloading songs. Matt & Scott both have new iPods and have no clue what to do with them. I was building playlists for them and trying to download new songs as quickly as they could think of them. Finally I had to tell them I was done – it was after midnight and I had to get up at 5:00. I did enjoy having some new music this morning for my commute.
  4. I shamefully admit that I did not watch the inauguration yesterday, and no more than a few minutes of news clips.
  5. I’m tinkled pink that American Idol is back on and I can’t wait until it gets to *the good stuff*.
  6. We’ve finished Coleman’s room – finito! I am pleased with it. I love, love, love the decal we just added.
  7. I am incredibly excited about my shower this weekend!! The closer it gets, the more anxious I become. I feel so blessed to have friends and family that are excited about our growing family.
  8. I’m disappointed in the snow yesterday. I was really hoping for something that I could play in (even if Spencer wasn’t there – I’m not afraid to look like an idiot).
  9. Long sleeve maternity tees from Target make me happy. They are one of the few things that are comfortable right now.
  10. Apparently my feet are more swollen than I realized. I tried on 2 pairs of black boots this morning, neither of which I could wear. I hope it’s temporary and that my feet haven’t stretched that much. I have a lot of shoes – shoes that I really like – shoes that I can’t afford to replace.
  11. I love looking at creative, messy things…but still my style, my house ,my life always ends up being very straight and symmetrical.
  12. I like McDonald’s coffee better than most places. I do not like Starbucks coffee at all (please don’t shoot me). I only get “froo froo” drinks there.
  13. I’m blind as a bat. I am nearsighted…very much so. My glasses are probably one of the most expensive things I own outside of my home and cars (which technically the bank owns more than I do, so do they even count???). Our LCD TV is worth more…but that’s probably about it.
  14. Organization makes me happy. Cute organization leaves me elated. Unfortunately, the lack of such leaves me as equally unhappy.
  15. As I sat quietly in Matt’s recliner this morning, eating my cereal and telling the dogs they had to wait to go out…I wondered to myself how long it’d be before I could do something so peaceful and selfish after the baby’s born.
  16. Today I learned that my dad’s three sisters are technically only his half-sisters. Not really a big deal – but odd that I haven’t known that for the last 30 years.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading through your blog...I agree with about McDonalds coffee and Am. Idol!!! Congratulations on your baby! Sounds like he will be here soon! Corey (CK message board:
    Saints511)

    ReplyDelete