9.01.2009

thrifty tuesday {9.1}

these purchases are from much more than just today. they include 2 trips to Food Lion, 2 to Harris Teeter and one each to Bi-Lo, Target and Rite Aid. Totally long story as to why I made so many trips...

Target
Total Spent = $102.97 (though I did have a $15 gift card that brought that total down)
Saved = $56.75 (35%)
Lots of baby stuff, some grocery items. Did a lot of coupon stacking...

Food Lion
Total Spent = $68.44
Saved = $53.51 (44%)
highlights included super cheap baby food, nearly free wipes, crazy cheap ground beef

Rite Aid
Total Spent = $15.60
Saved = $16.00 (51%)
this was an important purchase because it one big SCR for August and gets me very close to a Zyrtec rebate. Oh, and I got a small birthday gift for Spencer :)

Bi-Lo
Total Spent = $25.81
Saved = $25.40 (50%)
did a meal deal for some free goodies

Harris Teeter
Total Spent = $99.06
Saved = $100.13 (50%)
SUPER DOUBLES so lots of good deals. i got a ton of frozen pizzas for super cheap. free baby wipes. cheap wet ones. cheap baby cereal. free yogurt.

If you are paying close attention, you may have noticed that, despite my savings, I spent a ton on groceries (though lots of the Target stuff wasn't in the category). I actually consumed about 2 weeks budget this past week. Though this is a bit annoying, we have an incredibly well-stocked kitchen right now. So my plan for at least the next two weeks or so is to only buy food necessities and pick up freebies at the drugstores. We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment