5.09.2006

My husband does not have the reputation for being the most romantic man on the planet... OK, I don't even know if he can spell "romance". Needless to say, small guestures mean the world to me. I always tell him that anything with a bit of thought and planning (not necessarily money) will make me happy.

Last night after Scouts, Matt & Spencer got home just a couple of minutes before me. When I walked in, Spencer was holding this yellow mug and said "this is to make you smile every time you see it". How sweet! (I drink coffee every morning too so it's definitely something I'll see often).

Then Spencer told me to stay downstairs while the 2 of them went up. I joined them (when I was allowed) and Matt handed me this single rose. Super sweet :) Mother's Day is always a little awkward to Matt I think. And though neither one of them ever said "Happy Mother's Day", I think this was Matt's way of doing something.

The thing that made it so wonderful is that it was totally unprovoked (no hinting from me or anyone else) and that I was *totally* surprised!!! Obviously I had to take a picture of my gifts so I could scrap the moment! Oh, and the coffee tasted extra good this morning out of this mug! I even told Spencer that I was in an exceptionally good mood - which he didn't seem to appreciate too much while he was half asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment