5.13.2006

New Author of Choice

You may, or may not, know that I have a few authors that I like and try to keep up with their books. I like this rather than trying random books by different authors - though I do take suggestions from other readers. My authors of choice are James Patterson, John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell and Nicholas Sparks. I have a new one to add to my list...

Her name is
Dorothea Benton Frank. She has5 books, all of which are set in the lowcountry of South Carolina. Obviously I am a bit partial, but I think anyone would enjoy her work. I have read 3 of her novels (Sullivan's Island, Isle of Palms, and just finished Pawley's Island). I still need to read Plantation and Shem Creek. These are all places that I am familiar with and grew up near - especially Pawley's Island.

Upon checking out her website, I see that she has a new book that was just released called Full of Grace.

1 comment:

  1. ah, thanks for sharing this Holly.
    My dad likes the same authors you've mentioned and I bet he would love these books. Great idea for Father's day!
    Have you ever read any of Carl Hiassen's books? They're great too!

    ReplyDelete