11.04.2008

{24 weeks}

Baby: Weighs a pound and a half, almost a foot long. Will start to plump up soon. Taste buds and lungs are developing. Nostrils are now open (though oxygen is still provided by the placenta). Face is almost fully formed, though the skin is still transparent and there isn't much fat. Poor thing is still unnamed (Matt's fault - not mine!).

Mama: Sleeping comfortably isn't the easiest thing these days. Having trouble breathing at times (usually when lying down). My belly seems to be growing at astronomical rates, but considering my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball, I guess it makes sense. I can really feel him moving a lot now, which is super cool. I had my doctor's appointment last Friday - nothing too exciting to report there. Weight gain is higher than what I'd like (14 total). In a few weeks I have to do the glucose test for gestational diabetes - fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment