11.28.2008

{27 weeks}

With a busy Tuesday at work and then the hustle & bustle of the holiday, I'm a little late posting this week...

WE'VE MADE IT TO THIRD TRIMESTER!!! Somewhat hard to believe.

Baby at 27 weeks: Weighing in at 2 pounds and measuring about 14-15 inches. He is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening & closing his eyes and possibly sucking his fingers. His brain is very active and lungs are getting stronger. Hiccups are likely (though I haven't felt these yet).

Mama with 13 weeks to go: This week has been one of the tougher ones (at least the last few days). I've been doing a lot - helping with the nursery, decorating for Christmas, visiting with family for Thanksgiving. I think I've been overdoing it because I've had some serious bodyaches!

Friday I had to get my glucose blood test done for gestational diabetes. I have a doctor's appointment next week so I'm assuming I'll get the results then (fingers crossed that all is well there).

Last week I mentioned we had a name but didn't share what it was. Our baby boy is officially Coleman Rhea!! (Rhea is pronounced "ray" and is Matt's middle name).



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the name... It is really a strong name and I know he will carry it well. And on a side note... You and I have had a few things in common. Now, we have another. Kateleigh's middle name is Rhea. : ) My Mom's name is Rhetta. She really didn't want me to use it so, I took the two t's out and I got Rhea. ( I wanted Kate and I to have the same initials) Mom was happy and had had a friend in high school named Rhea. So, you and I both have a Matt. And soon we both will have a 'Rhea'. : ) And don't think for a minute that it is a feminine name. It is not. I wanted Kate to have two strong names that she could use at anytime and carry either one. I am so glad things are going smoothly along for you. He will be here before you know it. I am eager to see his little face : )
    xoxo
    Rox

    ReplyDelete