6.03.2011

career mama {morning routine}


i have recently run across some blog posts featuring the schedules of bloggers/moms. though it seems like a relatively boring topic, i actually really enjoy reading these things...kind of odd, right??? so, i decided to share my morning routine, on the off-chance that my readers are as warped as me.

5:00 a.m. ~ alarm goes off...wake up, shower...

5:30 a.m. ~ downstairs for coffee and quiet time (bible, journaling)

6:00 a.m. ~ get dressed, hair, make-up

6:30 a.m. ~ pack lunch, fix coffee to go, pack up car

6:50 a.m. ~ out the door, drop off coleman

7:00 a.m. ~ drive to work

8:00 a.m. ~ arrive at office

so...does it seem like something might be missing in that schedule...something like my child??? interestingly enough, my precious little two-year-old is not a stickler for schedules like his mama is. 

coleman may decide to rise & shine anytime between 5:00 and 6:30. as all mamas know, you just have to be flexible. if coleman wakes before 5:30, he joins me for my quiet time downstairs. he's a great morning snuggler and will sit in the recliner with me, watching tv, while i read and journal.

if he wakes between 5:30 and 6:00, i usually cut my quiet time short and start getting ready upstairs. if it's after 6:00, i just bring him in the bathroom/bedroom with me while i get ready. if matt's awake (or not home), the little guy likes to watch tv while in our bed. he also enjoys destroying our bathroom and closet as much as possible!

on the days when matt is home with coleman, i have a little more "wiggle room" in my schedule. i don't have to get coleman ready or take him to daycare, plus i have help. 

spencer isn't really a factor in my morning routine any longer for two reasons. one is that he's only with us on days when matt is off from work. and secondly, now that he is in middle school, he gets up later and goes to school later. when he was in elementary school, i would often drop him off on my way in to work, but now he starts the day too late. typically, he rolls out of bed only a few minutes before i roll out the door. 

depending on matt's schedule, he may be off and therefore home in the morning. if he has worked nights, he usually comes in around 6:30 and is able to see coleman for a few minutes before we leave. if he is working days, he gets up at 4:20 and is out the door about the time i get out of the shower (usually before coleman wakes up). 

so there you have it...my oh-so-exciting weekday morning routine.

~cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment