8.10.2009

money monday {8.10}

Free Mocha Mondays are over...what a shame...

Anyway, went to Walgreen's + Rite Aid on my lunch hour. There's nothing at CVS (for me) this week. I hope there is next week since I have $15 in ECBs to use soon...

Walgreen's
- 2 packs of BIC pens for free (on sale for 2/$1 and I had one more $1/2 coupon)
- 2 tubes of Neosporin for 99 cents each (on sale for $3.99 each + two $1 coupons + $4RR on two)

I don't know what my total savings was, but I only paid $1.25 OOP after coupons and $3 in RR from previous visit. Speaking of old RRs, I lost $5 worth because I was sick and didn't get to use them before they expired...bummer. I picked up a Back-to-School coupon booklet, but was unable to find the children's coloring books that have coupons in them.

Rite Aid
I only went in to buy one thing...

45ct Zyrtec: Regular price of $30.99, used $5 off $25 coupon + $3 Rite Aid coupon from this week's ad + $4 coupon from insert or printable. I paid $20.01 OOP after taxes (saved about 35% before rebates). The purchase qualifies for both the J&J rebate and for the ongoing Zyrtec rebate.

While paying I noticed some candy bars were 2 for $1. I checked my coupons in the car and sure enough, it was the same as the ones for which I had a $1/2 coupon. So, I got a Snickers and a Milky Way for 7 cents (tax).

When entering my receipts online, I realized that I over-calculated last week's purchases that qualify for the J&J Reward. I thought my two bottles of Aveeno shampoo qualified, but they don't :( So, after today's purchase I should be at about $35. That means I'll definitely get the $5 reward (for spending $25) and that I still need to spend $15 more in order to get the $25 reward. But, at this point...it's stupid not to. I will spend $15 more to get $20 more back...make sense??? I'm just waiting to see if they put some J&J items on super sale the next couple of weeks. For the Zyrtec reward, I need to spend $20 more, but I have until February...

No comments:

Post a Comment