8.01.2009

savings saturday {8.1}

I made my rounds to three stores today. Nothing spectacular, but overall I think I did OK. My only concern is upon arriving home I realized that we don't have that much "meal stuff". But I still need to go to Food Lion, so maybe that will help :)

Harris Teeter

I was able to take advantage of two Buy 2 Get 3 Free deals - Harris Teeter brand bacon and Ocean Spray Craisins. I don't typically need 5 of anything, but we do eat a lot of bacon and it can be frozen. I like the cranberries on my salads and I checked the expiration date - not until April of next year, so I think I'm good! Craisins came out to $1.12 each (normally $2.79). Bacon came to $1.52 each (normally $3.79).

Stocked up on some cereal. I got a great deal on two boxes (on sale for $2 each + a coupon), and just an "OK" deal on two others that are favorites of Matt and Spencer (aren't I sweet???).

I got some Kleenex for $0.64 each for back to school. They were on BOGO and I had a coupon for $0.50 off 2.

Summary:
Total @ Full Retail = $106.04
VIC Savings = $32.73
Coupons = $7.35
Savings = $40.08 (38%)
Amount Paid = $65.96

Bi-Lo
I used a few sale+coupon combinations to get some decent savings, but nothing *fantastic*. I had a $3 coupon from my last trip that I used. The power went out while I was there...that was different :) Luckily it didn't last long. It's a bit creepy to be stuck in the dark with strangers.

Summary
Total @ Full Retail = $53.75
Bonuscard Savings = $11.01
Coupons = $11.28
Savings = $22.29 (42%)
Amount Paid = $31.46

Rite Aid

As is always the case at the Rite Aid in my town, this was a ordeal. No one was rude (which is a nice change), but there a long debate (involving two managers) as to whether they could manually adjust the value of a coupon since it was above the cost of the item. They had no clue how to do it, so they just let it go...but it took a while.

Softsoap was on sale for $0.89 and I had $1 coupons - did that twice -so I actually made $0.22...guess that was worth my time???
One subject notebooks were Buy 1 @ $0.99, Get 3 free - and they actually had plenty of inventory - much better than CVS.
Herbal Essence was on sale for 2 for $6 + an SCR ($2, I think) + I had a BOGO coupon. So I was able to get some shampoo and hair spray, all for $1.

Summary:
Total @ Full Retail: $17.52
Store Savings: $8.75
Coupons: $5.00
Total Saved: $13.75 (78%)
Amount Paid: $4.38 (after taxes)

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment