8.14.2006

Glutton for Punishment

When Spencer was in Kindergarten, the teacher recruited me to do scrapbooks for each student. Throughout the year, she took a lot of photos. She'd have them developed, label the child's name on the back and then send them home with Spencer. Of course, I don't do anything the easy way and it was a lot of work. I was glad to be able to help in some way, though. It's hard when you work full time and can't volunteer at the school and all that. Anyway, I did 8.5x11 pages which I put in 3-prong folders for each child and they received them at the end of the year.

His teacher last year was totally different and, to my knowledge, never took a single picture. However, it appears that his 2nd grade teacher might be more like kindergarten. After only 3 days of school, she already had pictures on their class website from Meet the Teacher and the First Day of School. I had told her I was a scrapbooker so now she has recruited me for a similar project. I would love to find an easier way to do it, but still be creative. Of course, I did wait until the last minute last time...maybe just being more organized and proactive will help.

So, I guess the point of this post is to say I am such a glutton for punishment.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:26 AM

    That is an awesome idea! Do you have any pics of the one your son brought home that you did. I'd love to see.

    ReplyDelete