4.30.2007

The Weekend

I'm in a rambling mood so I thought I'd talk about my weekend. Surprisingly, it wasn't as busy as I originally anticipated. Friday night was pretty unexciting with the three of us at home. I ended up crashing in front of the TV about the time Spencer went to bed...not sure why I was so tired.

Saturday morning started with Spencer's baseball game (pictures to come later). They lost so they are are 3-2 now. The cool thing is that Spencer's teacher came to the game. Very sweet of her. I totally forgot to get a picture though - shame on me!

We got a cover for the back of Matt's Explorer Sportrac - awesome deal. Basically we got it for free and just have to pay to have the locks fitted. We need this - now we can take his truck on road trips, etc.

We enjoyed a lunch out at Firebonz where they have lots of flat screens so we were able to watch the draft while we ate. We were going to attend an Earth Day event at the museum but Spencer opted to go home and watch the rest of the draft instead (not exactly your typical 8 year old).

Matt had to work Saturday night so it was just Spencer and I. He finished up his weather project for this month and then we watched last week's Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. Good episode. Love that show. We played football in the yard for a bit. That night I worked a little on the foundation's website but I have a lot of learning to do.

Sunday morning was low key. Matt had to sleep. Spencer and I watched our neighbors shoot their bows into the woods. I managed to try on all of my capris and shorts from last year - figured out what fits and doesn't. What I need and don't. Also got some stuff ironed that had been crumpled on a shelf since last season.

After Matt got up and we had tacos for lunch, I joined my sister for a tour of four local houses. We hit one store for shopping (Talbot's - I didn't get anything). I dropped her off at church and was able to count how many people we can accommodate at the church. We will definitely be able to fit 100 scrappers so I hope I can get that many. That's a pretty big goal!

I went shopping at Kohl's -- felt a little guilty for spending more than I should. But after getting home and trying on some more things I decided that I'll take back a necklace and pair of pants that I'm not really *loving*, so I feel a tad better. I was able to get two shirts that are super cute and a necklace that I think I'll get a lot of wear out of. I bought the cutest pair of shoes but had a hard time choosing a color (navy, red or black). I went with black and have left the tags on, just in case! I also picked up a tee and flip flops for Spencer.

Over the course of the weekend I was able to make 9 cards for Spencer's related arts teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week (pictures to come). I also finally finished up a mini album that I started in October - ridiculous! Glad to have that completed (pictures to come).

I had a horrible time falling asleep last night and I'm functioning off about 4 hours of sleep right now, and that's not consistent sleep by any stretch. But I did watch 4 episodes of Desperate Housewives in order to get caught up. Sad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment