10.02.2009

free-for-all friday {10.2}

I haven't been very good about posting much lately. So, I thought I would do a quick "catch up" post today with some random stuff from the last week or so...


This morning I went to Starbucks and did the "taste test" with their new instant coffee (which is supposed to taste as good as their brewed coffee). For participating, you get two coupons - one for a free large brewed coffee on your next visit and one for $1.00 of the instant coffee. I went ahead and picked up a pack of the instant coffee. The smaller ones are only $2.95 for 3 single packs, but I used my coupon, of course!

Tuesday night I taught a scrapbooking class for the first time in YEARS. I only had four students, but it was still fun. I'm teaching at Oh Scrap! in Charlotte. I am going to try and do about one class a month, and I'm also doing sample projects to display in the store (as time allows). Above are what we created in the Halloween class this week.

I know I'm about a week late, but I HAVE to acknowledge that we beat a Top 5 team last week. GO COCKS!!!! Tomorrow night, we face SC State. It should be an easy win for us, but sometimes these "easy" games end up being more of a struggle for us than they should be. Oh, and it's ridiculous that we didn't get into the Top 25 after beating Ole Miss!

 
I don't have a photo for this last tidbit, but I have to address it. For those of you that know me personally, you know that my company has been in the process of splitting for the last couple of years. Things were finally finalized and bit-by-bit our one company is becoming two. I work in a small office (only 5 of us). One of those is now part of this new company - Jim. I've been with my company for almost 5 years now and we have experienced some personnel changes, but Jim and one other guy (my current boss) have been the constants. Now, Jim is gone. Granted he only moved to the building next door, but it's not the same. It simply sucks. He will be very missed. It's weird to stare at an empty desk (he sits, I mean *sat*, where I basically stare at him all day).

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the changes at work. Change can be hard.
    On another note: Congrats on teaching the scrapping classes! You are a great teacher, I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete