10.20.2011

31 days: my birthday





the other day i had to stop and do the math to figure out how old i was. seriously. i'm pretty sure that's a sign that you are getting old. when you can't remember how old you are. ouch.


anyway, i turned 33 (i think) back in july. i documented the day via instagram photos...my favorite cheater's way of memory keeping.


every birthday has to start off with a coffee treat (well, at least my birthdays do). i went big - venti chai latte. this is my newest froo-froo drink of choice when the pumpkin spice latte is not in season.


My birthday morning treat...venti chai latte 

lunch. time for another treat. my favorite is mexican but since i knew we'd be doing that for supper, i went with some tasty chinese take out. i needed something quick.

Treating myself to a yummy (fattening) birthday lunch 

and my birthday outfit. new cardigan - love the bright color and fun ruffle. the pretty scarf was a birthday gift from my mom -- seemed appropriate to wear on my actual birthday, right?

Wearing a new scarf my mom gave me for my birthday :) 

unfortunately, work doesn't wait for birthday celebrations, so the bulk of my day was pretty typical.


These are the things people should NOT have to do on their birthday :) 

a little inside joke here. coleman went through a phase where he started calling me "maw maw". we have no idea why, but luckily it was short-lived. spencer & matt thought it was hilarious. these signs greeted me when i got home. (maybe i should have this photo as the wallpaper on my phone so i will remember how old i am!)

Greeting me when I came home...


 
spencer made me this special birthday "card" which is actually a full 12"x12" size. he raided my scrapbook supplies. i told him the most impressive thing was the fact that he got in and out of that room alive and  managed to find enough supplies to create something!

My "card" that Spencer made me from him, Coleman, Rio and Cooper

holly + birthday = mexican food. yay! i could eat this everyday. almost. no, definitely.

Birthday supper...

when we got home from eating, matt surprised me with a birthday cake! (i forgot to snap a photo before the candles were blown out and removed).

My birthday cake (last night)...Matt was kind enough to actually put 33 candles on it!

and no celebration is complete without fireworks, right? no? that's not normal? well, when your birthday is the week after the fourth of july, sometimes you get lucky and have leftovers!

Birthday fireworks (a few small leftovers from the 4th)

*****************************************************************
this post is part of  a thirty-one day series.
my goal is to get my story telling groove back.
photos + words = chronicles


*****************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment