6.23.2006

Bake Sale (Dalton Help Foundation)


Friends of ours have an autistic son & have started a foundation to benefit him and other autistic children in our area (Dalton Help Foundation). They held their first large fundraiser in April (golf tournament) and asked me to take pictures of the event and do a scrapbook. I was flattered & honored, and of course accepted.

So, I'm going to do an ongoing scrapbook of anything related to the foundation. This is a bake sale at a local school that was around the same time as the golf tournament. I don' t know these children personally so I've blurred their faces and names.

For the album, I've decided to use all black backgrounds, for both consistency and simplicity. The symbol for autism is the puzzle piece so I also decided to include at least one on each layout. I bought a children's puzzle and will paint the pieces to match each layout.

I'm kind of using this as an opportunity to use up some old scraps and supplies. I'm keeping it simple for time's sake as well. So, these layouts aren't exactly my current style.

1 comment:

  1. Great pages! Great idea for future members to look back at.

    ReplyDelete