6.19.2006

Movies

As is the case with most men, Matt is not a big fan of romantic comedies. Last week I decided to take advantage to his working nights right now. I rented two girly movies, chick flicks, call them what you want... I would recommend both.

Rumor Has It with Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner. This was funny - probably more funny than romantic. Of the 2, this would be the more tolerable for the male species to sit through.

Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon. This was more of a romantic comedy, as I define them. I loved it. It had a little twist so it wasn't the same ole, same ole. Plus, I love Reese Witherspoon.

PS - I just realized that Mark Ruffalo was in both of these movies...I watched these movies within a day of each other and didn't realize it when I watched them! Too funny! Well, at least it'll be helpful if I ever play the Kevin Bacon game again and need to link Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon!

Last week I also saw a scary movie coming on HBO that we had not seen. I was NOT about to watch it alone while Matt was at work. So, I DVR'd it and we watched it last night. It was very good and again, I'd highly recommend. It was called Hide and Seek with Dakota Fanning and Robert De Niro.

PS - can you tell it's rerun season...

3 comments:

  1. Holly, I loved Just like Heaven TOO! Such a cute movie.

    Have you seen Walk the Line?
    If not, you just gotta see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Hide and Seek too. I am so glad that my hubby will watch girly movies with me. He usually watches those STUPID movies. LOL. We watched Second hand Lions the other night. Not a chick flick but it is one of my fav. movies. Brian had never seen it and he actually stayed up past midnight watching it AND didn't fall asleep. Totally out of the norm for him.
    Robs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hols...
    I SO LOVE Just Like Heaven...and I am a HUGE Mark Ruffalo fan! YUM!!! :) I also love him in 13 going on 30!!!

    I saw Hide and Seek as well...as much as I am a romantic comedy girl, I enjoy scary movies as well...only I don't buy those to keep! LOL!

    ~J

    ReplyDelete