6.16.2006

Kitchen

This is a photo of the actual kitchen. I apologize for it being so dark.

I knew I wanted dark cabinets long before we chose a house. I just love dark wood for some reason. We got all new appliances and chose stainless steel. Our old kitchen was much smaller so I love all the space in here. It's nice to actually have a few empty cabinets!


Our old kitchen was done in a southwestern theme. It was a bit harder to do that in this house because everything is so open. I kept most of my decor items and placed them above the cabinets. The theme just isn't as "obvious".

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me I am just the opposite when it comes to the cabinet wood. I like light. We looked at a house that was great but it had REALLY dark wood and it just seemed like it would have been a chore to re do them. I used to clean for a couple who had their whole kitchen remodeled and they got all new stainless steel appliances. I HATED them!! They always had finger prints and smudges. AND they didn't even have any kids. They were really hard to clean. I definately suggest using the cleaner especially for stainless steel. :)~
    Robs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!!
    AND hey...I have those yellow bowls!!! Pier 1??? :D

    ReplyDelete