9.16.2006

Layout - One More Candle

I created this layout today for a Super Bowl of Scrapping challenge where I go head-to-head against another scrapper with the same challenge.

The requirements:
- Had to have a theme of "beginnings"
Glitter
Ovals
Alphabet Stickers
Layering
(notice how those spell "GOAL" - cute, huh?)

I was a little stumped at first but it ended up being a fun layout to create. I just ADORE this floral patterned paper! It's hard to see in the scan, but I put glitter in the flower centers.

This was also my first time using Heidi Swapp tape and that was super fun!

I know you can't really tell in the scan, but the staples I used to attach the transparency are brown. I didn't have that color so I took a stick of them and painted them brown. I was proud of myself. Ha ha!

One more thing... I love the song "Trip Around the Sun" by Martina McBride & Jimmy Buffett. The title ("One More Candle and a trip around the sun") is a line from that song.


Supplies:
Alpha stickers - Artic Frog
Tape - Heidi Swapp
Patterned Paper - "Sedona", Scrapworks
Glitter
Staples
Transparency - Staples
Acrylic Paint - "Spice Brown", Delta
Fonts: CAC One Seventy, Ribbon Happy, Terzini, & Tribal Dividers BTN

No comments:

Post a Comment