9.09.2006

Yard Project

When our house was built, the builders put in some basic trees with pine straw around them. In June I took on an exhausting yard project (with NO help from my husband). I expanded the area around one of the trees and planted a variety of plants there. Below are the before and after pictures.

Everything has done very well, but there are some things I might want to move around this fall. One of the ground covers is very aggressive and hides a lot of the other plants. So, I am thinking of leaving the ground cover (it goes well with the purple fountain grass) and moving some of the other plants where they can be better appreciated.

There is a line of irises along the back. These were passed on from my sister after blooming this year, so I won't know how well they'll be seen until next spring.




No comments:

Post a Comment