9.17.2006

Spencer's Birthday - update

I forgot to share the best little "moment" of Spencer's birthday. After he opened his gifts, I told him that he was allowed to play an endless amount of Playstation this weekend, if he chose. Normally he is restricted to 1 game during the week and 2 games on a weekend day. He started to walk downstairs and then came back up and hugged me and said "thank you". I was shocked (this is VERY out of character for him). He didn't thank Matt, only me. It only took a second for me to realize he was thanking me for the "rule-less" weekend...not the gifts. I'm pretty much the drill sergeant of the family so I guess he realized I was really letting a lot slide.

Yesterday, Spencer pretty much played PS2 all day long. He never took a bath or changed out of his PJs. I didn't make him do his chores. He did, however, finish up his book project for school. That evening he told Matt that he had never had a 100% lazy day like that. So, I'm really glad we let him have that. I never thought in a million years that it would've meant so much.

2 comments:

  1. We have days like that, we call them 'Jammie Days'!! Elizabeth loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect lazy day! We all need them once in a while!!

    ReplyDelete