9.19.2006

Time for some TV...

Well, it's that time of year again. The new fall TV shows are starting up. It's sad to admit, but this is a pretty big deal in our house because we do watch a lot of TV (hanging my head in shame). However, we do have DVR so we are able to record things and watch them at our convenience rather than have our lives ruled by the TV schedule! With that being said, here is my outlook on the fall TV season...

First, I'm happy to report that there are NO shows that I watched last year that were cancelled. This is unusual for me! However, that means I probably shouldn't be watching any new shows because I already watch too much TV as it is.

Best night on TV:
Right now my vote stays with Sunday, which was definitely the best night last year. Extreme Makeover (ABC) and Desperate Housewives (ABC) didn't move. The 10:00 spot where I switched mid-season from Crossing Jordan to Grey's Anatomy, has been replaced by Without a Trace (CBS). It's not a "must see" for me, but worth watching since there isn't another competing show that I love. I also enjoy Cold Case (CBS) in the 9:00 spot so I might end up recording that while I watch Desperate.

Worst night on TV:
I'd go with Monday on this. There is nothing in the 8:00 spot that I enjoy. I like Two and a Half Men (CBS) at 9:00 but it's a 1/2 hour (easily tape-able), which leaves me with a 30 minute gap before CSI Miami (which premiered last night, by the way - a bit "over the top", I thought).

Most Agreeable night on TV:
Tuesday night would be the most "agreeable" because there is the least chance of a remote control battle being started between my husband and I. We both absolutely LOVE Boston Legal (ABC) which is on at 10. The 9 spot is open and I might check out the new show Friday Night Lights (NBC) that will be at 8. Given that it's a football show, hubby should be cooperative. Law & Order SUV (NBC) is also on at 10 so I might record that.

Best night to go to bed early:
Bones (FOX) comes on at 8:00 on Wednesdays. Matt and I both really enjoy it, but that's about all the night has to offer. There is a new show on after it, called Justice, but I haven't watched it yet to see if it's any good.

Biggest Conflict:
Thursday night is going to present a HUGE problem for me. There is nothing I want to watch at 8 or 10, but THREE very good shows that are all on at 9. My hubby's pick is Supernatural (the CW). This is a pretty good show but if it weren't for him, I could probably do without. My main pick is Grey's Anatomy (ABC)...can NOT miss it. I got addicted last year and there is no turning back. The other one is CSI (CBS). I definitely enjoy this one as well.

Given that we have DVR there shouldn't be a problem...except you can not tape 2 shows and watch a 3rd. So, we'll probably have to tape 2 downstairs where the DVR is and then watch the 3rd one in a different room. Pathetic, huh?

Most Unexpected Night:
Usually Friday night is bad TV. I was happily surprised to see that there is a full line-up of good TV (in my opinion). 8:00 is Crossing Jordan (NBC). I dumped this show last year after I fell for Grey's but will be so happy to have it back. 9:00 is Las Vegas (NBC). This is another one that I kind of lost track of last year and will be glad to watch again. 10:00 is Law & Order (NBC). I think there are major casting changes on this show, though I'm not sure. It'll be interesting to see if it's still as good.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're a TV-aholic! :-) (Kidding...)

    Funny, the one night of not to be missed TV for me is your worst night. Course, Mondays are only good once 24 starts again!! :-)

    ReplyDelete