5.31.2009

free-for-all friday {5.29}

yeah, i'm late...again...

{1} I really enjoyed this long post by ali edwards. it is a list of 20 scrapbooking tips. I think it's a great read for a beginner or experienced scrapbooker. enjoy.

{2} I recently discovered Cards for Hereos. There are two aspects of it - making handmade blank cards for our troops to use to send home; and making handmade thank you notes to send to troops showing our appreciation. Awesome. When I crop with my family folk next weekend, we're going to do some, and I hope to remember to contribute occasionally in the future. This week (the last week of school), Spencer's class is also going to make some thank you notes for the troops, which I will send. I'm so glad his teacher was willing to do this.

{3} We watched Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. Love him. Love this movie. Super cute.

{4} Last week, as our 'date night', Matt and I went to see Star Trek (thanks to Aunt Sherry for watching Coleman). I'm not much of a trekkie (actually I can't stand it), but I'd heard from several people that it was good, even for those that didn't like Star Trek, so I agreed to see it. It was pretty good! What's funny is that the lead actor (Chris Pine) was a nobody actor that was in a movie I watched (from Netflix) not too long ago, called Blind Dating. It was really cute and I was tickled to see him reappear in this huge hit. He's pretty cute himself :)


{5} Yesterday I went to Old Navy with Tara. They had 50% off their clearance prices. Pretty exciting stuff! I got 10 pieces of clothing for Coleman for only $20. I purchased everything in 12-18 months or 18-24 months (because it was all fall/winter stuff). I got some bargains for myself as well (and sadly paid full price for a few items). It's ridiculous how much of our clothing comes from this store (except for Matt, who is a clothes snob).

No comments:

Post a Comment