5.20.2009

{wordy wednesday}

OK, I've changed the "theme" of Wednesday (again). I felt like "What I like" and "Thankful" were too similar. I love words and quotes, so now it's Wordy Wednesday. I will include quotes, lyrics, whatever :)

While listening to GAC today, I couldn't help but fall in love with this lyric from Billy Currington's newest song "People are Crazy": "God is great, Beer is good, and People are Crazy". If you go to his website, the song will start playing.

I had to include that one, but here are a few that stick with this week's theme of WRITING...

"Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own." --Carol Burnett

"An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations." --Charles de Montesqieu This made me chuckle, thinking of my comment about how I'm rambling on my blog so Matt doesn't have to hear as much of it :)

"This is pretty much what journals are all about, at least to me. I knew as I wrote them that even though they provided an excellent place for brain (and heart, and psyche) dump, they were mainly a map of me." --Colleen Wainwright I think this really captures my thoughts on writing (particularly the term "brain dump").

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for public and have no self". --Cyril Connolly Again, I think this reflects how I feel about writing. I have no idea if anyone will ever read anything I write...but who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment