5.20.2009

live blogging {idol finale}

OK, I told myself I wasn't going to do the whole "live blog" thing again tonight. But at 9:45 as I sat down to just start watching it (thanks to Spencer's baseball game - yes, they won), I realized ~ what the heck else do I have to do while I watch it??? Besides, this kind of quality TV only comes around once a year. So, here goes another night (two hour edition) of Holly's random idol thoughts...

As much as I love Seacrest's "catch phrase", I can't stand when they add something to it. Like...This is the finale and THIS is American Idol. It just screws with the mojo of it.

Because I read the "behind the scenes" article on ew.com from last night, I know that the two second shot of the boys in black leather took quite a long time to film after the broadcast last night...and they had to beg the audience to stay for it. Pretty Funny.

Coleman is making a lot of noise through the monitor - can someone please go tell him the Idol Finale is on. Thanks.

Oh, the boys look good in all white.

Oh My Gah! Those Randy clips were HILARIOUS. But not as funny as that bow tie. Is that velvet??? In May??? Gimme a break.

I had no idea she used the words "sweetie" and "honey" so much. But she looks beautiful tonight.

The funniest thing about the clips of Paula's "vocabulary" attempts is that she sounded like a drunk stumbling through a "word of the day" calendar.

I've always thought Simon never pays attention - now we have video proof.

Oh, the boys still look cute in white. Kris looks better. They should consider turning on their mikes. Seriously, Idol hasn't figured out something that simple yet???

Did Mikeleah just get felt up by that little girl? Oh well, I see her career has skyrocketed since Idol.

Oh no, I can't say mean things about Carly. We love her. She actually has talent. She should be PERFORMING on this show, not doing stupid "on location" crap...ugh.

I almost forgot there were 13 this year. I love this song. I love all white. I'm also a goob that looks forward to the group numbers each week.

Side note: I have closed all windows on my computer except for this one. I'm avoiding email, facebook, everything. It's 10:03 and my neighbor just called. I answered the phone "I just started watching it, don't say anything". DVR is a blessing and a curse all rolled into one.

oh oh oh oh oh. I loooooooooooooooooove David Cook. Yay David!!! Whoohooo David!!! If I was there, I'd have a big poster sign for you!!!! Sing it boy! Doesn't he look cute in his very Davidesque outfit? Seriously, that guy can sing. I'm so glad he won. I think this is foreshadowing. He was the "dark horse" last year and now Kris is the "dark horse"...I'm even willing to give up the $25 decrease in my pool payoff to see Kris win...but I digress. Back to David. I have his album and I will say that performance (which was obviously NOT lipsynced) sounded JUST like the album. Awesome.

Oh, there's Carrie in the audience. Beautiful as always. Oh, I'd forgotten about his brother. So sad :(
Hmmm, might have to download that song from iTunes...I already have it, but it's a good cause.

OMG - that was Justin Guarini - wasn't it??? FUNNY stuff.

Ugh, I hate these stupid awards thing. Will Kunick outsung Adam on Mad World (just kidding). OK, this is where DVRs are great. I'm so passing through this crap.

OK, it's pathetic that the guy that gets the "joke" award was actually *really* in the top 36. I was just thinking "I can't believe he's not up there as Norman"...but there he is! I never much enjoyed this guy. And it ticked me off they wasted a real spot on this duffus (is that how you spell that word? dufus? doophus? whatever).

Now THAT is funny (Ryan in the glasses and headband).

Oh goody, it's Lil Rounds (enter sarcasm). The most overrated constestant of the year. (Other than the aforementioned Norman, but I don't count him since he wasn't in the Top 12). Should Queen Latifah really be wearing that black spandex??? But who am I to judge? Ugh, this is horrible. I'm fastforwarding...

Noop Dawg!!! LOVE THIS SONG :) Is Jason Mraz going to be here? Oh, look - there he is! This goofy looking fellow is *hope* for Anoop that he can have a career... have I mentioned that I love this song? I wish they would've let Anoop sing more of it alone. He sounded really good at the beginning. Anoop was Spencer's favorite. Yay Idol for that. That was happiness in a bottle :)

Ha, I love it when a stage guy accidentally gets on camera.

Sideways smile's journey...chill bumps! His wife looks pretty - not sure about that dress on his mama.

OH MY GAH... Kris and country music. I'm in H-E-A-V-E-N! Wooooow...this WORKS! How cute are those two up there? Whose hotter - Kris or Keith??? I think Kris. Oh, I am so lovin' this. Sometimes I forget how awesome the finale is each year. Ahhhhh. I seriously think Kris outsang Keith on his own gosh-darned song. I'm running out of ways to say that I thoroughly loved this performance. I wonder if I'll be able to download it from iTunes??? Gosh, I hope so. Do you think Kris could record a country album? I mean, he IS from Arkansas. WOW. WOW. WOW.

Oh Meghan Joy...I did not miss you. This performance is going to stink because this was definitely a GUY year. Hey, they got Fergie. And she has dark hair. Do you know what I would give for those legs? Good Gahd. I like this song much better than Glamorous. Black Eyed Peas? They still exist? So, is Fergie going to sing with them? If not, isn't that a little awkward that they are back to back? Weird. Nope, she's there with them. I guess they are still "together". What was with that glitch? I don't like this song. Fergie should stay solo. They are number one?? Really. Who knew.

Do you think Ryan Seacrest was that dorky kid in high school that tried to be cool and the real cool kids just humored him?

Fast-forwarding through award crap. Oh. Look. It's bikini girl. My night is complete (please enter all the sarcasm you can muster). Ugh. Love the what's "new" comment. OH wow. She sounds awful. That's poetic justice. OH THIS IS FREAKING FUNNY. GO KARA! Serious props to her for having a sense of humor about this. She actually has a pretty decent voice (way better than bikini girl). It would've been funnier if Kara had come out in a bikini!

WHAT IS UP WITH HER DRESS FALLING OFF? Was that seriously a wardrobe malfunction????? I mean, I was kind of kidding... Did her dress really FALL OFF?

Was that Ryan's Dad? cute.

Cyndi Lauper??? Interesting. Good match up with Alison. I was never a big Alison fan - same reason as Adam. I *get* the talent, but it's just not my thing. What is that instrument she's playing? She's sitting so ladylike. Ricky Minor got a lot of camera time during this song. Any man that's on Idol and Don't Forget the Lyrics is a hero in my eyes :)

Aw, Kris's parents are SO FREAKIN' cute :) I love his dad!

Adam's parents look so normal.

Is Danny going to get to sing with Lionel Richie????????????????? It still makes me sad that he got voted off last week (not that I would've been willing to see Kris go instead, but Adam going home would've been fine). OK, this is good - I swear. But after David Cook's performance last year, who would EVEN TRY?!?!?! Did Danny not watch the show last year? Does he not realize that was the best Idol performance ever????

AW HECK YEAH - he IS THERE. Mr. Richie in the flesh :) I love Lionel Richie. Have I mentioned recently how much I adore the Idol finale show??? I just clapped in my den. I'm a dork :) Oh, we get another song? Yay! Shake that booty... Danny is one very lucky guy. How awesome. Yes, I'm dancing in the recliner...all night, yeah yeah, all night long, all night, oh yeah...

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBEN's in the house! (I don't really like him, but like finding people in the audience).

Wow, all this good stuff and we're only halfway through...

Isn't it crazy that I'm such a fan and have never been to an Idol concert??? I came close last year, but didn't.

Creepy eyes' journey... he didn't have eyeliner on at his first audition. Even though I'm not a fan, I couldn't help but smile through his "journey"...

What the HELL IS HE WEARING??? A steel cage? I'm baffled.... Ew, does he have sparkly things under his eyes?
OK, I'm so NOT a KISS fan (shocked, aren't you?), but I do think that Idol outdid themselves by getting someone of that caliber...This has to be a serious dream come true for Adam. Pretty cool.

Hey - did anyone watch Glee last night? I saw the last half and I'm SO IN LOVE. I mean, if they said "hmmm, let's sit around and write a show for Holly"...THAT would be the result. I'm ticked that I have to wait until fall for it to start!

Santana is awesome. Serious talent. I love the song that he does with Rob Thomas so I'm 100% OK with the guys doing this song. Was it just me or did Kris sound better than all the others??? Why did they have to include the girls? Do the guys get to do their own song??? Hey, Rob Thomas hasn't had a single in a while. It's time! Love him.

Look - Heather Locklear. When I get old, I want to look like her (yeah right).

Ford video... funny to see just how different the guy's expressions are when they sing. They are SO different.

Aw, matching baby blue sedans...couldn't they have given them something more manly????

Steve Martin? Randomness. Aw, Michael Sarver. Sweetness. Damn. Meghan Joy just ruined it. Ouch. How the hell did she get in the top 12 (pardon my french). I wonder if Michael's talented enough to have a country record? I mean, Bucky's made something of himself! Oh, Stevie wrote that song. Pretty cool. MJ's dress is pretty (but that's all she has going for her).

I wonder how much a commercial slot costs for this show? This G-Force movie is looking pretty funny. Why am I watching commercials???? Silly me. Oh my gosh...how funny "Poop in his hand - Poop in his hand" Ha!

Is THIS the guy's group performance??? They are getting ripped off. No offense to Rod Stewart. But really. Props to the blind guy for doing the group dance. I mean, I know that sounds rude, but seriously that's awesome that he pulled that off! OH goody, Rod's here (sarcasm). Wow he's getting old (happens to the best of us, I suppose).

Twenty more minutes... well, depending on how much they go over. So, will the winner have to sing that horrible Kara song again???

Is it rude if I fast forward through Rod? No? good...here I go.

Fast forwarding through awards. Again, not funny that the winner was actually in the Top 36...another wasted space.

I was wondering when the boys were going to do a duet... NO WAY. Very cool. THIS IS COLEMAN'S SONG. Oh my gosh, I'm crying. I'm a dork. He was born to this song!!!
Ok, I have to say this to be fair. We all know how much I love Kris. But this is so a song for Adam. Should've been all his. Wow, those boys look like they are having a ton of fun. I think they may actually like each other. Of course, they're living a dream at this moment...wow for them...singing with Queen. I love idol. I bet no one figured that out yet, huh? Wow wow wow.

oh my goodness. it's time... my tummy is in knots (crazy, I know).

adjunicator - do you think I spelled that right??? I bet Paula likes that word.
One hundred million votes. That's insane. I only did about 50.

Oh gosh!!!!


OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES. HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I'm crying. It's ridiculous!!!!! I don't care. This is awesome. Wow. A trophy? Really? Like he cares about a trophy. Bless his cute little heart. I honestly think he had NO idea he was going to win. Where's the confetti????
Why is Simon sitting? GET UP OFF YOUR ARSE!

Damn, he does have to sing that song again.
Oh, he is so darned cute. I am soooooooooooooooooo happy :) :) :)

Random thought - I think it's cool that Carrie was there tonight, despite her not having any part of the actual show. Good for her.

Ok, I guess I'm done gushing. Wow. JUSTICE in the VOTING system. Final score: America - 1; Idol Producers - zero.

1 comment:

  1. Again....you crack me up. And yes, I read the entire thing!!!

    ReplyDelete