5.27.2009

wordy wednesday {5.27}

Memorial day makes me think of patriotism. and nothing sume up patriotism like a good 'ole country song. so...song lyrics from patriotic country music is my focus today!

***************************

"You'll be sorry that you messed with the u. s. of a. cause we'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way" -- Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith
I know there are more profound parts of the song, but I have to admit that this politically incorrect lyric gives me chills every time I hear it.

***************************

"And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand UP, next to you and defend her still today. Cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land...God Bless the USA" -- God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
This is a classic of course. And I'm proud to say that I was able to type these lyrics from memory.

***************************

"Only in America. Dreamin' in red, white and blue. Only in America. Where we dream as big as we want to. We all get a chance. Everybody gets to dance. Only in America." --Only in America by Brooks and Dunn
I must confess that I'm not a very big B&D fan, but the song has good lyrics, so I needed to include it on my list.

***************************

"I'm just a singer of simple songs. I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus and I talk to God and I remember this from when I was young. Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us and the greatest is love" --Where were you by Alan Jackson
I love the chorus of the song because I can really relate to it. I've never been strong into politics or world affairs, but when 9-11 happened, we were all affected. There is so much I didn't, and still don't understand, about our relations with the Middle East, but I know what it feels like to have our country attacked. I think AJ did a truly amazing job of capturing the feelings of the average person and how we may have felt that day.

***************************

"It's a high school prom. It's a Springsteen song. It's a ride in a Chevrolet. It's a man on the moon. And fireflies in June. And kids sellin' lemonade. It's cities and farms. It's open arms. One nation under God.It's America" --It's America by Rodney Atkins
This song doesn't actually have anything to do with our military or war...but it has to do with America and those little everyday things that remind us of this fantastic country in which we live. The things listed may not be *America* to you, but hopefully you have your own list, at least subconciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment