6.17.2009

CVS {6.17}

I did not make it to the grocery store last week, which is kind of a bummer since Bi-Lo had a good BOGO sale. But, I already have this week's ads in hand and I'm formulating a plan :)

I went to CVS on my lunch hour and those details are below. There is nothing too exciting at Walgreen's or Rite Aid but I may try to swing by both for a couple of things...

What I purchased:
Aveeno Lotion 12oz - on sale for $7.00 (saved $1.49)
Aveeno Baby Shampoo - full price at $5.69 + $1.00 coupon
Aveeno Lotion 2.5oz - full price at $3.39
I realized last week that in earlier weeks when I was buying $20 of Aveeno to get $10 in ECBs, I actually spent $50. So, I got the $20 in ECBs, but still had $10 towards the deal (which was for the month). So, it made sense to go ahead and spend $10 more. I was hoping the baby shampoo would count, but it did not, so I went back and got the small lotion.
Crest ProHealth - on sale for $2.99 (saved $0.90) + $0.50 coupon + $2.00 ECB (basically paid $0.49!)
Gillette Fusion Blades 4pk - full price of $14.99 (see next line)
Gillette Shampoo - free with blade purchase above (saved $5.99)
You might remember I got Matt the new razor last week for practically nothing, so I figured it made sense to take advantage of this deal. Plus, Spencer needed the shampoo because we left his at the beach - not a good money-saving technique :) I tried to use a coupon on the shampoo and they wouldn't let me because it was free. Kind of ticked me off! The shampoo also didn't come off automatically and the woman tried to argue with me about it. She finally took it off, which is probably why she was so quick to not let me use the coupon!

Summary:
Total @ Full Retail = $42.44
Sale savings = $8.38
Manufactuer Coupons used = $1.50
$5 off $25 = $5.00
Previous ECBs used = $21.00
Total Paid (after taxes) = $7.10
Total Saved (including new ECBs earned) = $26.88 (63%)
Remaining ECBs = $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment