6.19.2009

{walgreen's}

i made three stops on my lunch hour (turns out you can get a lot more done when you shop with a purpose instead of browsing!):

CVS - was looking for a money-making deal that i heard about. couldn't find the items though. however, it's a pretty good deal (basically $8 for free), so i may hit some other stores if i pass them.

Target - Spent less than $3. Woohoo. Dave Ramsey would be proud. I was hoping to get a raincheck for some diapers that were on sale, but it didn't work out.

Walgreen's -
Purex 3-in-1
Full Retail = $8.99
Sale Price = $6.99
Coupon = $3.00
RR = $2.00
Actually paid = $1.99
St Ives Body Wash
Sale Price = $2.99 (not sure what original retail was)
RR = $3.00
FREE :)

I needed a card, so I had her ring up a second transaction and I used the $3 RR to pay for most of the (overpriced) greeting card. I also purchased a gift card, but you can't use RRs on those. I have $2 RR remaining.

Summary (not including gift card):
Full Retail for 2 items = $12.38
Store Savings = $2.40
Coupon Savings = $3.00
RR Savings = $5.00
Paid = $1.98 (saved 84%)

No comments:

Post a Comment