6.14.2009

photos {mother's day}

my first mother's day...


unfortunately matt was working nights, but he did a good job of making it special. when he came home that morning, he brought me breakfast and coffee from mcdonald's (my favorite coffee). i had a card and gift from him. the gifts were two charms for my charm bracelet - boy head silhouettes with spencer and coleman's names and birthdates engraved on them. (confession: i totally told him this is what i wanted).


but the ultimate highlight was the card that spencer gave me. spencer is always making us cards - usually because he *has* to and usually with little thought, effort, and certainly not much sentimentality. so, i can hardly put into words how i felt when i read what he wrote. matt said he did it 100% on his own and matt actually had not read it before giving it to me (typical guy). i am still carrying this in my pocketbook and i show it off to anyone that will listen :)


if you can't read it in the photo, here is what it says: coleman and i hope you have a great mothers day. we are saying in a small but powerful way thanks for all that you do and we love you. It may not seem like much to everyone, but knowing spencer and how out of character this is for him, it means the world to me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment