7.24.2006

3x10 Birthday Challenge

Challenge is a 3x10 Birthday challenge – list 10 favorite birthday memories, gifts and ways I’d like to get pampered on the next birthday. I didn’t get to 10 on all of them…but at least I did something.

10 favorite birthday memories

1) My 16th birthday party – We had a pool party at my aunt’s house. I always had a hard time getting a big crowd together for my birthday b/c it was in the summer and people were always on vacation. However, I had a good turnout for this one and it was a lot of fun.
2) I don’t remember the year but I was very young (4 or 5, maybe) and my mom made me the coolest Wonder Woman cake. She always made me cool cakes when I was younger.
3) When I was younger, I loved Cabbage Patch Kids and eventually had a total of 9. But I remember one birthday I got THREE – a set of twins and then a preemie I was so excited.
4) My 18th birthday was cool because it was right before I went off to college and people got me a lot of neat stuff to take to school with me.
5) My all time favorite birthday was probably my 21st. I was in college sharing an apartment with 2 friends. I wanted a Jimmy Buffet party and that’s what I got. We decorated the apartment to the nines with luau/JB type stuff. I had a family party/cookout during the day and all my family came into town and then I had the “friend” party that night…which I only remember up to a point – ha! It was an absolute blast.
6) A couple of years ago, I celebrated with my sister at her house – my BIL’s birthday is a few days after mine. We had a great time…nothing too extraordinary but a good time.
7) Matt took me out to a nice restaurant one year and we both dressed up and all…it was very nice.

10 favorite birthday gifts

This is tough. It seems like all the gifts that stand out are Christmas gifts! Ugh…

1) This is probably a favorite. My oldest sister surprised me with tickets to a New Kids on the Block concert!!! That was the BEST!
2) I mentioned this above, but one year I got 3 Cabbage Patch Kids and thought I had hit heaven.
3) Before going off to college, a friend gave me a laundry basket full of college necessities like towels, plastic (but super cute) dishes, etc. I thought it was such a creative and useful idea (and I thought of that friend every time I used those items).
4) At that Jimmy Buffett party mentioned above I got a lot of really cool Jimmy Buffett gifts too! (and a lot of liquor from friends LOL)
5) Same birthday, my mom got me a video camera! What fun!!!!
6) One year…about 3 years ago, Matt got me a gift cerfiticate for my first ever massage – HEAVEN!
7) Funniest gift was the same year…my sister gave me a bracelet in a tobacco tin painted blue that said “Blue Man Chew” because they made fun of me for thinking that Tim McGraw’s song “Live Like You Were Dying” said “Blue Man Chew” instead of “Fu Man Chu”.

10 ways to be pampered on my next birthday

1) Day or weekend to crop non-stop
2) Massage
3) A trip somewhere tropical, like Jamaica
4) A trip to Charleston to stay in a B&B and shop all weekend, or do whatever.
5) A nice dinner out where dressy clothes are required
6) A bottle of wine and some tiramisu

No comments:

Post a Comment