7.01.2006

Rascal Flatts Mini Album

About a year and a half ago, I went to a Rascal Flatts concert in Greenville, SC. At the last minute, I was offered 4 free baloncy tickets from a friend. She and a coworker were also going but had floor seats. With such short notice, the only people I could get to go were my husband Matt and friend Scott...not exactly the best company to a Rascal Flatts show! Though they weren't super enthusiastic during the concert, it was still a lot of fun and they were more relaxed in the privacy of our car. There they sang and danced to my RF and Julie Roberts CDs! Julie Roberts is originally from our area so I was just as excited about her opening for the concert. We also got really lucky because my friend's coworker had some super amazing camera and got these fantastic shots of the concert.

I've always been intimidated by the pictures because I had so many good ones. I didn't know how I was going to do just one layout with a few pictures. My sister recommended a mini album, and I finally got around to it.
It's a very simple album but I'm just glad to have the pictures scrapped. I used scraps of various patterned paper and black letter stickers. All the writing is by hand - some of it is actual journaling but most of it is lyrics from songs. I did some doodling and a lot of inking. I also embellished the cover.
Also, a design team I'm on has a "Page a Day" contest every month. I've been trying all year, and this is the first month I've actually done it, thanks to this 20 page mini album!


2 comments:

  1. I love this Holly! How awesome to see RF!! Can't wait til we get to see them!! I may go with this idea too. I have a ton of concert photos that I haven't scrapped yet and I like this idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know these groups/singers, but I think you did a great job on the photos and the layouts!

    ReplyDelete