7.04.2006

Random Update

Just in case anyone is actually keeping up with my blog, I wanted to provide an update from my random post the other day. Winthrop basketball coach, Gregg Marshall, that had resigned to become the coach at College of Charleston...he reneged his decision just 24 hours after making the announcement. He gave a tear-filled press conference in Rock Hill saying that his heart was here and he decided not to leave our program for Charleston. Most people are happy, but also a bit annoyed and confused. I am glad he's staying and don't hold the incident against him in the least. These are big decisions and I can't imagine being in his shoes. He did the right thing for his family and will have to catch heck for a while. Oh - get this... Charleston's paper on Saturday published an article totally trashing the town of Rock Hill - classy, huh? I'm just excited that he's going to be at Spencer's basketball camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment