7.04.2006

A Couple Books and a Movie

One of my favorite authors is James Patterson. I enjoy most of his books, but I've tried to read a couple of his older novels and do not enjoy those nearly as much. His style has definitely changed (for the better, in my opinion). A while ago, I read The Thomas Berryman Number. I didn't really enjoy it but I made myself struggle through it all. This week, I started reading another one of his old books, Season of the Machete. It had a similar style and I wasn't impressed as I began. Again, I was going to make myself finish it and then I realized how silly that was. It was a library book, so I had no money invested. Reading is supposed to be fun - why torture myself??? So, I stopped. Anyway...wouldn't recommend those two, but that's just me. These are probably the only 2 he's written that I don't like. I believe he started the Alex Cross novels shortly after these two.

The other book I had gotten from the library last week was one of Nicholas Sparks' more recent novels, True Believer. This was fantastic. I had read about 1/4 of the book and then had trouble sleeping one night. I ended up staying up until 3 a.m. finishing this book. The only thing that I didn't like about it was that it had to end (of course, I needed the sleep so it's a good thing it did).

Last night, Matt & I watched The Upside of Anger with Kevin Costner. It's not a movie that would go on my Top 10 list, but it was pretty funny (in a sick sort of way) and enjoyable. If you have a disfunctional family (don't we all in some fashion???), I'd recommend the viewing just to help you feel more normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment