7.10.2009

friday finds {7.10}

Today I went to Babies R Us. I got some decent deals - nothing earth shattering.

Formula: I bought 2 cans of our formula and they were oversized (20% more free), so that was exciting. I got a great cashier so I went ahead and used all 4 of the Enfamil checks I had for a total of $18. I also had a $3 BRU coupon.

Baby Food: All of the Gerber 2-packs (regardless of size) were 10 for $10. I had two coupons for three 2-packs (one was $0.55 and one was $0.75) but they were only good on 1st foods. So, I got 6 of the 1st (which are normally cheaper) and got four of the 2nd (which is a better deal because the everyday price is higher).

I picked up a few other small things, like two packages of disposable changing pads (no sale or coupon) and a high chair toy (I had a 15% on one item BRU coupon that I used on this).

For the entire order, I was able to use a $5 off $25 BRU coupon and a $5 BRU Rewards coupon.

All-in-all, I paid $47.50 out-of-pocket and it would've been around $83 at full retail. A savings of 43%. The only thing that stinks is that I'm now out of Enfamil coupons :)

Once Upon a Child

I went to this used children's store for the first time today. I brought in some maternity clothes as well as some outgrown stuff of Spencer's and Coleman's. They didn't take much and I only got about $25 - turns out they are pretty particular about the amount of wear, which is good to know for the future. I bought several things myself, so I only walked away with about $5 :) OOPS! Anyway, I was able to get a new toy for Coleman, a book for Spencer, a book for Coleman, a board game, and four pieces of clothing for Coleman (all for $20 - not too shabby). I definitely will be shopping for Coleman here more often when he needs stuff (right now he needs nothing). I also plan to sell some of our *equipment* as he outgrows it. I will probably look into other consignment stores, but this place is nice because they pay you on the spot, instead of you having to wait for things to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment