7.14.2009

money saving monday - part 2 {7.13}

Yesterday, after work, I had to go grocery shopping. I only had time to go to one store and I chose Bi-Lo. They had a lot of BOGO items this week.

Good Deals:
Found some Wishbone salad dressing on closeout for $1.41 (conveniently in a flavor I like) and was able to use a $0.75 and $1.00 coupon - paying $0.41 for one and $0.66 for the other. Paid $0.58 each for 3 packages of Uncle Ben's rice. Lots of half off items.

Summary:
Total @ Full Retail = $82.79
Bonuscard Savings = $27.65
Coupon Savings = $6.01
Total Paid after taxes = $49.97
Total Saved = $32.82 (40% savings)

CVS
I also ran quickly into another CVS store, but I forgot to take my brain. I was able to get two single-serving cups of Honey Nut Cheerios for free (on sale for $1 + $1 Cheerios coupon that didn't have a size limitation). However, I grabbed 2 pairs of *free* scissors and 1 bottle of *free* glue...I totally forgot about the limit being associated with your EC card, not each trip. So, I have to take back some stuff.

Free Samples:
Today in the mail, I received three free samples from Wal-Mart that I'd requested online.
- 3 Kotex pads + 2 $1 coupons
- 3 Playtex tampons + $1 coupon
- 1 roll of Scott toilet paper + 1 pkg of 12 wipes + $1 coupon + $0.50 coupon

In the mail today, I received the Food Lion circular for next week and there was a glossy Food Lion thing too - included a $1 coupon for Nexxus that doesn't expire until 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment