7.06.2009

money saving monday {7.6}

I made the drug store rounds on my lunch hour today. It didn't start off well, but got better :)

Walgreen's
There were no good deals for me this week and the only reason I stopped by there was because I had two RR coupons ($2 and $1) that expired today. M&Ms were on sale for 2/$5 with a $1RR and I had a $1/2 coupon so I figured that'd be a good option to use my RRs. Well, after some debate with both a cashier and a manager - no luck. They wouldn't let me use either RR on the M&Ms because you can only use one coupon per item and the coupon was technically for both. So, I grabbed two Reese's and used the stupid coupons. I paid $2.81 out of pocket and have a $1 RR. I'm not real thrilled with their coupon policy and there are rumors that it's going to get even stricter. So, going forward I will probably only shop there if there's a really good deal.

CVS - free stuff!!!
They are offering a few school items for free (after ECBs) this week but they were sold out of everything except pencil sharpeners. I got three of those (the limit). I figured, for free, I could donate them to the school or whatever. CVS brand pantyliners were also free after ECB so I got a package of those also.
Free Dawn: Dawn was on sale for 2/$2, plus a $1 ECB, plus I had coupons. I am a tad annoyed that I have a million very specific Dawn coupons. Just give me one that's good on any Dawn product, seriously! Anyway, I handed the cashier a few and told him I honestly didn't know what would or wouldn't work. He was very nice and helpful (unlike other employees I've dealt with at this store). He told me he knew one of them wouldn't work because someone else had tried. He tried the other and it worked. So, after the ECB, I actually got paid 50 cents for the dish soap.

So, I walked out of the store with 2 bottles of Dawn, a package of pantyliners and three pencil sharpeners. I used $4 in ECBs so I only paid 48 cents out of pocket. I earned another $5 in ECBs, plus my Spring ECBs of $7 printed. I also got a $5/$25 coupon and a coupon for any pain medicine, which is pretty vague so I'm sure I'll use it. All-in-all...GOOD TRIP TO CVS :)

Rite Aid
Free Items:
- Small can of Skintimate shave gel (on sale for $1 + $1 coupon)
- Small can of Edge shave gel (on sale for $1 + $1 coupon)
- Always Infinity pads (free coupon)
- Right Guard, TWO free (BOGO sale + free coupon)
- Crest (Sale for $2.59 + $1.84 SCR + $0.75 coupon)
- Renu contact solution travel size (sale for 99 cents + $1 coupon)

Other Deals:
Pampers for $4.99, regular price of $11.99 (on sale for $8.99 + $2 SCR + $2 coupon)
Formula for $16.99 ($26.99 + $5 off $25 coupon + $5 Enfamil coupon)
Electrasol for $1.74, regular price of $6.19 (on sale for $3.49 + $0.75 coupon +$1 SCR)
Rolaids 3pk for $1 (no coupon, just a good sale price)

I paid $27.08 out of pocket and will receive another $4.84 back in SCRs.
At full retail, I would've paid $72.29 but I saved $52.57 (73%)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment