7.06.2009

Photo Editing Class {lesson 1}

Today starts the 2-week free class at JessicaSprague.com. It's called Frame-Ups and Special Effects. I took a free class from her last November that was based more on journaling. However, she did a mini-tutorial on creating a digital layout using templates. I learned so much from that one tiny lesson. I was totally excited to see this free class come up. If you have any interest in learning more about digital scrapbooking, or just photo editing, I highly recommend her website and classes.

So, this morning Coleman (handsome fellow pictured below) got up to eat a little after 4 a.m. I was trying to decide if I should go back to bed when I was done feeding him or just stay up. I checked my email on my phone (this is my nighttime feeding habit) and saw the first email from this class. This made up my mind. So, by 5:00 I was showered and had a cup of coffee in front of the computer - ready for Lesson 1. Yippee :)

Below is what I created. I probably could've done this on my own because I have fiddled with Photoshop somewhat since her mini lesson back in November, but I enjoyed watching the videos and kind of making sure I'm doing everything correctly. There was one video on cropping and aspect ratios and then the main lesson was on adding the frame and word art shown below. As part of the free class, we got a free digital kit, of which these elements are a part.

OK, I need to get ready for work now...



No comments:

Post a Comment